Debate revolving around the launch of Watch Letter n°38
"Rural Innovation and Digital Revolution in Agriculture"
A round table was held at the "Salon International de l’Agriculture" in Paris, on the 28 of February 2017, on the occasion of the launch of the 38th Watch Letter of the CIHEAM published with Agreenium and that provides a Mediterranean overview of rural and digital innovations at work. The discussions enabled to identify levers for actions and perspectives in this region that is faced with several challenges such as producing more (due to demographic growth) with less due to the scarcity of resources and better with regards to environmental and social requirements especially in rural territories that are sometimes fragile.
Speakers of the round talbe:
- Cosimo Lacirignola, Secretary General of the CIHEAM
- Marion Guillou, President of the Agreenium Governing Board: How do agroecological practices mobile research-training in the Mediterranean?
- Pascal Bergeret, Director of the CIHEAM-IAMM, Montpellier: Consequences of the emergence of ICTs in agriculture for the research and innovation systems in the South of the Mediterranean.
- Christophe Guizard, National representative of ERANET ICTAGRI_2, IRSTEA Montpellier, Collective actions in France for the support and the development of digital innovation in agriculture.
- Christian Germain, Professor, Bordeaux Sciences Agro: Training for and through digital technology throughout the working life of agricultural professions.
Télécharger le Communiqué de Presse
Download the Press Release in English
Download Watch Letter n°38 "Rural Innovation and Digital Revolution in Ariculture"